The Bombay high court on January 11 restrained the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) from taking any action against Sonu Sood till January 13 when it will hear his plea against an order of the city civil judge to demolish alleged unauthorised construction to a residential building owned by him at Juhu in Bombay. Sood filed the appeal against the city civil court order of December 2020, which dismissed his challenge of a BMC notice.
The BMC had last October issued Sonu a demolition notice for allegedly making illegal structural changes to the six-storey Shakti Sagar building at Juhu. Sood said in his appeal that he had not carried out any illegal or unauthorised construction in the building. On 11th January, Sood made submissions before Justice Prithviraj Chauhan of the Bombay high court for interim relief, saying that the actor had not made any changes in the building, which would warrant permission from the BMC. On his part, the special civic counsel told the court that the BMC had already demolished the structure twice and had filed a police case against the actor under the MRTP Act.
Both the sides will be heard on January 13 till which time the interim protection, granted by the lower court against any coercive steps, will continue.